Friday, February 28, 2014

Baby it's cold outside!

I know most of you are as tired of winter as I am. The only benefit to this horrid weather is I spend more time reading. Most of the books that I read are job related... young adult fiction. I usually love the stories and can read through a book quickly but I do get to the point where I can't wait to read a book with a more mature story line.

Right now I'm reading an ADULT book, The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. This book is a historical fiction book set in Charelston during the early 1800's. The story is told from two different voices, Sarah and Handful. Sarah is the daughter of a wealthy judge whose family is part of Charleston's high society. Sarah grows into a young woman who is troubled by the limits imposed on a young girl's choices in life. Handful is a young slave of the Grimke household who is Sarah's waiting maid. The story illustrates the time in history from both points of view and is a great book to read on these cold winter nights.


This book is currently a part of Oprah's 2.0 book club.  I'm haven't spent anytime looking at the details, but if you are interested click on the link above..

Think Spring.... I'll even give up some reading time with the hope of warmer temperatures.


No comments:

Post a Comment